Sunday, June 26, 2011

Progress

So I've been really busy in the weeks since my last post. I've managed to do a good amount of work with Adam(Sh'hadeh) and Brett (Fight Sleep) for the two music video projects I took on for the summer, as well as get some photos in. I've been working with footage I shot with Brett in Iona, ON last week for the video of the untitled song he's suggested for this project. So far so good, I want to spend a lot of time with the footage and compile more a lot more on our next day/night of shooting. I managed to get a few promo photo's for Brett while we were shooting on the beach in Iona. Here is a sample:

Fight Sleep

I want to post a sample of the video up but it would be way too soon!

In other news, I finally got my shit together and got a Ford Ranger like I've been talking about doing for a few years now. It's a 2000 but it's pretty mint the previous owner took very good care of it and barel put 100,000km on it so it's still running like a champ. I took a few photo's of it tonight after I was done cleaning it up. Here's what turned out:

Ranger

I've been slacking on finishing Colin's GoPro edit because Final Cut was being so finicky with the un-transcoded footage from the GoPro, I could barely get things synced and now it seems like all the quality is getting mashed during export, it's really nothing special at all other than Colin's awesome riding!



Had the chance to try something new this week, I was volunteered to operate one of 3 live camera's a 3M Canada's Gala 2011, I worked with a large Panasonic broadcast camera facing center of the stage. We were directed via headset for a period of about 4 hours (with short breaks) and our footage was controlled by the director and displayed accordingly live on the 2 large projected screens beside the stage. It was an interesting experience, but I was glad to get the chance to work with a different style of camera and pace of shooting.

Thats all for this post.

No comments: